Town of Hillsboro Beach Building Department
The Building Department’s mission is to protect the lives and property of the residents of the Town of Hillsboro Beach, and their guests, through the professional enforcement of codes and standards adopted by the Florida Building Commission and Broward County Board of Rules and Appeals.
The Town of Hillsboro Beach Building Department reviews plans and performs jobsite inspections to verify compliance with the Florida Building Code and ensure the safe progression and completion of permitted construction
The Town of Hillsboro Beach Building Department is powered by Calvin, Giordano & Associates, Inc (CGA).
COVID-19: MODIFIED PERMIT SUBMITTAL DROPOFF/PICKUP
Town Hall is open to the public, Also, there is a "Dropbox" in front of Town Hall Entrance available from 7:30am- 3pm, Monday-Friday. Please follow these Permit Submittal Dropoff Instructions to ensure your permit will be processed and reviewed in a timely manner.
When picking up a permit, your permit will be located in the Dropbox with Contractor information listed on the Envelope. We will advise you when the permit will be ready for pickup via email or telephone. Shall you have any questions please email Mariana at email@example.com or Steve Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If it is a smaller permit package (A/C , Water Heater, Electric Panels, Backflows, etc). Please utilize our Online Permitting Service.
COVID-19: MODIFIED INSPECTION OPERATIONS
****PLEASE CALL YOUR INSPECTORS DIRECTLY DAY BEFORE INSPECTION.***
Inspections will continue to be provided on a daily basis, and may be scheduled online or by phone, however interior inspections, in occupied properties will require special arrangements to be made directly with the inspector, prior to requesting the inspection.
Inspection results are available through the Gov-Easy web portal. You can schedule via email, online or call 954-766-2766. Please note inspection requests are accepted until 3:00 p.m. for the next business day inspection.
- For general building department information and electrical questions/inspection coordination, contact Steve Mitchell, Building Official / Chief Electrical Inspector at 954-592-5057 or email@example.com
- For Structural questions/inspection coordination, contact K-Maron Perdue, Chief Structural inspector at 813-728-4925 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Plumbing questions/inspection coordination, contact Mike Siravo, Plumbing Inspector / Plans Examiner at 754-215-0909 or email@example.com
- For Mechanical questions/inspection coordination, contact Joe Switalski, Mechanical Inspector / Plans Examiner at 954-909-7400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peter Beaudoin, Assistant Building Official, Chief Plumbing/Mechanical Inspector, may be reached at 954-822-1057 or email@example.com
Hours of Construction (Ordinance No. 2020-04)
8:00am-6:00pm Weekdays Only
No Construction Activity of any nature on Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
Home Owners Association (HOA) Approval
It is required for any resident to obtain the approval from the Home Owners Association before permit issuance and comply with the Association’s requirements.
Protect Our Sea Turtles
The Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission(FWC), Sea Turtle Conservancy and Town of Hillsboro Beach have taken great strides to protect our Sea Turtles. To keep in line with protecting the turtles all new window and door installations must comply with the Town of Hillsboro Beach Window and Door requirements. Any new lighting will also have to meet certain lighting requirements stipulated by the town’s ordinances and the FWC.