The Building Department is to protect the health, safety and welfare of the residents of the Town of Hillsboro Beach through the enforcement of the Florida Building Commission and Broward County Board of Rules and Appeals. The Building department enforces codes and ordinances ensuring the safe progression of the permitted construction. The main responsibilities are to provide plan review, permits and inspections for all building construction to comply with State, County and local codes.
The Town of Hillsboro Beach Building Department is powered by Calvin, Giordano & Associates, Inc (CGA).
COVID-19: MODIFIED PERMIT SUBMITTAL DROPOFF/PICKUP
Processes and procedures have changed when submitting for a permit in person. There is a "Dropbox" in front of Town Hall Entrance available from 8am- 3pm, Monday-Friday. Please follow these Permit Submittal Dropoff Instructions to ensure your permit will be processed and reviewed in a timely manner.
When picking up a permit, your permit will be located in the Dropbox with Contractor information listed on the Envelope. We will advise you when the permit will be ready for pickup via email or telephone. Shall you have any questions please email Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org or Steve Mitchell at email@example.com.
If it is a smaller permit package (A/C , Water Heater, Electric Panels, Windows/ Doors/ Shutters, etc). Please utilize our Online Permitting Service.
COVID-19: MODIFIED INSPECTION OPERATIONS
****PLEASE CALL YOUR INSPECTORS DIRECTLY DAY BEFORE INSPECTION.***
Inspections will continue to be provided on a daily basis, and may be scheduled online or by phone, however interior inspections, in occupied properties will require special arrangements to be made directly with the inspector, prior to requesting the inspection.
Inspection results are available through the Gov-Easy web portal. You can schedule via email, online or call 954-766-2766. Please note inspection requests are accepted until 3:30 p.m. for the next business day inspection.
- For general building department information and electrical questions/inspection coordination, contact Steve Mitchell, Building Official / Chief Electrical Inspector at 954-592-5057 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Structural questions/inspection coordination, contact K-Maron Perdue, Chief Structural inspector at 813-728-4925 or email@example.com
- For Plumbing questions/inspection coordination, contact Mike Siravo, Plumbing Inspector / Plans Examiner at 754-215-0909 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Mechanical questions/inspection coordination, contact Joe Switalski, Mechanical Inspector / Plans Examiner at 954-909-7400 or email@example.com
- Peter Beaudoin, Assistant Building Official, Chief Plumbing/Mechanical Inspector, may be reached at 954-822-1057 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Home Owners Association (HOA) Approval
It is required for any resident to obtain the approval from the Home Owners Association before permit issuance and comply with the Association’s requirements.
Protect Our Sea Turtles
The Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission(FWC), Sea Turtle Conservancy and Town of Hillsboro Beach have taken great strides to protect our Sea Turtles. To keep in line with protecting the turtles all new window and door installations must comply with the Town of Hillsboro Beach Window and Door requirements. Any new lighting will also have to meet certain lighting requirements stipulated by the town’s ordinances and the FWC.